According to the George Washington University School of Business, two-third of today’s travelers are women. There are uncountable advantages of woman solo travel, connected to psychological and personal aspects development, rewarding experiences, and self-confidence. Firstly, your solo travel will help you to know yourself intimately, and discover your abilities in a wide and near manner. You can walk around without being restricted by someone, only you determine where and when you go and sleep, what and when to eat or drink. Your solo travel also helps you know more people from all over the world which helps you enlarge and improve your languages skills, abilities to solve problems, and making your own decisions. Studies suggesting that getting a vacation reduces life and work pressure, after returning home you find yourself planning your life and your next adventure.
What you need to do during your solo travel
- Keep your travel documents to avoid losing them to could get back to your country, also you can make a copy from your travel documents this will help you get back to your country in case you lose your original documents.
- Inform your family or friends about your destination for emergency orders.
- Make sure about needed documents, visa, and vaccination order in the country you are traveling from or to.
- Make an organized schedule and plan B, for emergencies.
- Take pictures as much as possible, in case you are in a safe place you may set up a tripod, and be ready for your picture. In case you aren’t in a safe place you can pick out someone to take your picture.
- Don’t forget your hygiene and personal purposes.
- When you travel, try to stay under the radar. You should know which modes of transportation you can use in the country you go to.
Best airlines for female solo travelers
Air India will soon be serving six seats, especially for solo female travelers, to give females more safety while traveling alone. According to the airline company, women will not be asked for any charges fees for these seats. “We will be reserving the third row—six seats—in the economy class of the aircraft for female passengers traveling alone.”, Meenakshi Malik of Air India said in an interview with The Hindu. “We feel, as national carriers, it is our responsibility to enhance comfort level to female passengers.”, Malik said. This decision came after an accident when a female traveler fell asleep assaulted by a male traveler. Also, New Delhi-based airlines offer baggage and transport assistance and preferred seats for solo female travelers. This service gives the women the option of choosing their seats either before or after booking. “Our staff is equipped to help women traveling alone.“, Mr. Kapoor told Bloomberg. “This service is a sincere effort to ensure peace of mind of our women customers.”. After female travelers arrive their destinations, employees will wait and greet, “#VistaraWomanFlyer Arrivals Assistance.” These airline employees are available to assist female travelers with luggage and can escort them to the taxi stand upon request. The airlines estimated that between 75 and 100 women use this service each day.
Best and safest 10 countries for female solo travelers
- Finland: the ideal destination for safety and nature lovers.
- Canada: Wide range of landscapes and the safest destination of all countries in America for female travelers.
- New Zealand: is the perfect destination for those who love adventure, sports, nature, or all of the above and the fourth safest country in the world to travel in, according to a survey by the Institute for Economics and Peace.
- Uruguay: where the history and charm, and lowest crime rates in America.
- Switzerland: the country of cultural diversity, and the seventh peaceful country in the world.
- Belgium: where historic sites, ranks tenth in the International Women’s Travel Center’s list of the best countries for women traveling alone.
- Austria: where unique landscapes, green forests, and ranked as the fourth in the international woman’s travel center’s list of the best countries for women traveling alone.
Iceland, Japan, and Chile are recommended as well.
- https://www.forbes.com (Cover Photo)